APPLICATIONS TO PREVENT LEAKAGE THROUGH BYPASS STACK AT POWER PLANTS
Since 2001, we have been making tailor made works to prevent leakage through bypass stacks by using the technology of ENA GmbH / Germany ( www.ena-gmbh.de ) which supplies dampers, guillotines, expansion joints, and has more than 200 references in Turkey.
Some of our references :
- Modern Enerji : Replacing single dampers with double dampers at bypass stacks of 2 x Mars100 gas turbines (2002)
- Desa Enerji : Replacing single dampers with double dampers at bypass stacks of 2 x Taurus60 gas turbines (2004)
- Söktaş : Replacing single damper with double damper at bypass stack of 1 x Taurus60 gas turbines (2004)
- Mopak : Replacing single damper with double damper at bypass stack of 1 x Taurus60 gas turbines (2004)
- Enerjisa/Kentsa : Installation of horizontal slide gates at bypass stacks of 2 x Frame6 gas turbines (2007)
Our above mentioned applications are 100% successful. The leakage through bypass stack is prevented and by increasing the steam production at waste heat boilers, these systems payed their investment costs very rapidly.
By putting an emission port a few meters above the bypass damper, the temperature is measured while the bypass damper is closed, and this value shows if there is a considerable leakage through.
Besides, with a thermal camera, the leakage through bypass stack can easily be seen on top of the it.
When our application is done, after closing the double damper or horizontal guillotine at the bypass stack, another measurement at the emission port or thermal camera view from the top of the stack may show the leakage is prevented.
Furthermore, the difference in steam production measured at the steam flow meter of waste heat boiler, before and after the application, may also show how much is the increase.